Tuesday, November 21, 2006

To blog or not to blog?

It was a while since I haven’t written anything on my blog, which gives you time to consider why am I doing the things I’m doing. This past year and so was an amazing time of bloging journey, and I went through many phases of what this is.
Someone can say it’s a freedom of speech, so anyone can write whatever he/she likes, and I can say yes on that. We are all individuals and anyone should express on their way. It was a journey to me, from the highlands of happy moments, highroads of traveling, valleys of sorrow, deep moments, shallow moments, pure fun, boredom, I was naked (not in a literal sense) and vulnerable to that point that I have considered deleting the post next day. To come to my point--- I see bloging as a great tool to stay in touch with people, get in to their lives and they into mine, it is a wonderful medium of self expression and connection, but there is a thing that really start bothering me, and it is concerning those that I know personally but this concern can be applied universally. What bothers me is why we are not so real in our real lives and relationships, why is so easy to be honest when you are alone in front of your "radioactive" screen, why is so easy to express yourself, but when we come together we have so little to say, so many shallow words and acts, so much afraid of each other, so afraid to be who we are. Our posts scream for intimacy, acceptance and real friendship, but after all it’s secure in front of the screen, right??!!
Friends it is a global alienation of persons, more and more are searching for their intimacy in one small modem where we can be who we like to be, no one sees our eyes, and this post is not against bloging nor limiting our freedom of speech and expression, but a call to come out of our worlds, to start building friendships, to be who we are made by God, to laugh and cry, to be strong .to be vulnerable and after all TO BE REAL!!!!!

10 comments:

Sheamus the... said...

Hope you are doing well...I agree and love the blog. I am a blogger screaming for international intimacy! I hoe to see you guys this spring.

Ian Symondson said...

Yea!

I notice you don't allow anonymous posts - forcing people to come out into the open?!

trilobite said...

Мене исто ми сметаат такви "пресоблекувања".
Најдобро што може човек да направи е да го реши ова(ако веќе имаш такви на нишан,познаваш лично,нели)е да кажеш у очи,да го(ги) седнеш на чашка муабет,ако ти е веќе стало до таквите.Иначе џабе вака.
А за блогерашење..многу на срце си го стаил ова,ко опроштајно писмо ми звучи:):)ко outro;)

trilobite said...

Уживај бе човек...,ѕирни го псетоно кај мене
ќе ти светне ден:)

Elanor said...

Imas poenta.

Urban Mystic said...

Imas mnogu dobra poenta! Postot ne e antiblog tuku izvik za otvoreni i podlaboki megjusebni odnosi vo ova vreme na otugjuvanje i izolacija.

Anonymous said...

Navistina dobra poenta imash tuka mladichu , no i toa e vistinata ako se site iskreni i dobri megjusebe kje se prebrodat mnogu problemi i stravovi mnogu pobrzo i taka kje stanat zdravi lugje so zdravi odnosi megjusebe .

Respect

Butterfly said...

Lugeto imaat razlicen pristap na blogot, za edni e nacin da kazat iskreno nekoj raboti , za drugi e da glumat i bidat nesto drugo pred svetot gledajki go blogot kako umetnicki nacin na izrazuvanje, za treti e mesto da se zbori za drugite , a ne za sebesi...Za nekoj luge e mnogu polesno da bidat iskreni na blog zosto imaat vreme da razmislat sto ke napisat, a za nekoj e polesno da bidat iskreni i otvoreni koga se na samo so svoite prijateli-oci vo oci.Individualna rabota.Vo sekoj slucaj za dobro i zdravo prijatelstvo neizbezna e iskrenosta i otvorenosta.

Anonymous said...

odlicen post Alpin

Mimosa said...

I think for me its the other way round! I know too well that anyone can read my posts, so it can sometimes inhibit me to write anything! I think I have huge self-cencorship, or maybe it's just wise self-protection =) Anyhow, I love it when people are honest here, but for me, I think I am much more real and myself and much more revealing when I actually am with people/friends in real life. But you are so right, it's all about being true and genuine! Bless you brother!